Jimmy Buffett to visit campus Thursday

Grab your flip flops, sunscreen and salt; Margaritaville is coming to UM.

Jimmy Buffett to visit the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami this Thursday. // Flickr.com.

Jimmy Buffett will be at the BankUnited Center Thursday at 11 a.m. to host a lecture and question and answer session. This event is hosted by the Frost School of Music; but sorry “Parrotheads,” it is only for music students.

Jimmy Buffett has been entertaining for decades and has acquired a cult following. He is known for his songs about the island lifestyle, including hits like “Margaritaville” and “It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere.”

“I’m excited that Jimmy Buffet is coming” said Kelly McAleney, a senior music education major. “It’s really rare that students get the chance to see such a huge performer for free, but even more exciting that we get the chance to talk to him and ask him questions.”

Music students can also submit questions that will be randomly selected and read out loud for Jimmy Buffett to answer during the Q & A session. The last day to submit questions is April 13 and they should be e-mailed to fmtickets@miami.edu.

In order to pick up tickets, students must to go to the BankUnited Center’s ticket office and show a Cane Card with a valid Frost sticker. For more information call 305-284-8686.

IF YOU GO:
WHAT: Jimmy Buffett presented by the Frost School of Music
WHEN: Thursday, April 15 at 11 a.m.

WHERE: The BankUnited Center

COST: Free, but admission is limited only to Frost School of Music students

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Jimmy Buffett to visit campus Thursday”

1. Jerry Hepburn says:

God
    Wish so much I could have been there!
    Fins To The Left
    Fins To The Right
    And ***** the only
    Bait In Town
    So Saaaaaad
    x

2. Gardner McKay, Jr. says:

Any chance in the future this can be heard online?

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...