Jimmy Buffett to visit campus Thursday

Grab your flip flops, sunscreen and salt; Margaritaville is coming to UM.

Jimmy Buffett to visit the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami this Thursday. // Flickr.com.

Jimmy Buffett will be at the BankUnited Center Thursday at 11 a.m. to host a lecture and question and answer session. This event is hosted by the Frost School of Music; but sorry “Parrotheads,” it is only for music students.

Jimmy Buffett has been entertaining for decades and has acquired a cult following. He is known for his songs about the island lifestyle, including hits like “Margaritaville” and “It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere.”

“I’m excited that Jimmy Buffet is coming” said Kelly McAleney, a senior music education major. “It’s really rare that students get the chance to see such a huge performer for free, but even more exciting that we get the chance to talk to him and ask him questions.”

Music students can also submit questions that will be randomly selected and read out loud for Jimmy Buffett to answer during the Q & A session. The last day to submit questions is April 13 and they should be e-mailed to fmtickets@miami.edu.

In order to pick up tickets, students must to go to the BankUnited Center’s ticket office and show a Cane Card with a valid Frost sticker. For more information call 305-284-8686.

IF YOU GO:
WHAT: Jimmy Buffett presented by the Frost School of Music
WHEN: Thursday, April 15 at 11 a.m.

WHERE: The BankUnited Center

COST: Free, but admission is limited only to Frost School of Music students

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Jimmy Buffett to visit campus Thursday”

1. Jerry Hepburn says:

God
    Wish so much I could have been there!
    Fins To The Left
    Fins To The Right
    And ***** the only
    Bait In Town
    So Saaaaaad
    x

2. Gardner McKay, Jr. says:

Any chance in the future this can be heard online?

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...