Jimmy Buffett to visit campus Thursday

Grab your flip flops, sunscreen and salt; Margaritaville is coming to UM.

Jimmy Buffett to visit the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami this Thursday. // Flickr.com.

Jimmy Buffett will be at the BankUnited Center Thursday at 11 a.m. to host a lecture and question and answer session. This event is hosted by the Frost School of Music; but sorry “Parrotheads,” it is only for music students.

Jimmy Buffett has been entertaining for decades and has acquired a cult following. He is known for his songs about the island lifestyle, including hits like “Margaritaville” and “It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere.”

“I’m excited that Jimmy Buffet is coming” said Kelly McAleney, a senior music education major. “It’s really rare that students get the chance to see such a huge performer for free, but even more exciting that we get the chance to talk to him and ask him questions.”

Music students can also submit questions that will be randomly selected and read out loud for Jimmy Buffett to answer during the Q & A session. The last day to submit questions is April 13 and they should be e-mailed to fmtickets@miami.edu.

In order to pick up tickets, students must to go to the BankUnited Center’s ticket office and show a Cane Card with a valid Frost sticker. For more information call 305-284-8686.

IF YOU GO:
WHAT: Jimmy Buffett presented by the Frost School of Music
WHEN: Thursday, April 15 at 11 a.m.

WHERE: The BankUnited Center

COST: Free, but admission is limited only to Frost School of Music students

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Jimmy Buffett to visit campus Thursday”

1. Jerry Hepburn says:

God
    Wish so much I could have been there!
    Fins To The Left
    Fins To The Right
    And ***** the only
    Bait In Town
    So Saaaaaad
    x

2. Gardner McKay, Jr. says:

Any chance in the future this can be heard online?

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

Miami fell behind early and could not recover Sunday afternoon, falling in the series finale to host ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...