V's Take

Dear V: Are those crazy questions real?

Recently I have been reading the posts in the The Hurricane. Well, most of my peers (me included) think that they are not true, that they are fake, things that are written to get more readers interested in the paper. May you please clear that up?

Obsess About Phoney Stories

Dear Obsess

I must say I have overheard many of the same feelings lately as I peruse the campus.  I see readers enjoying the column but often highly doubting its validity.  Even I have been slightly outraged recently by the subject matter of what students write in, but I can honestly say all of it is true.

Each week, I receive various emails from students on campus who have all kinds of questions and concerns about their relationships and sex lives (or lack thereof).  Sometimes my inbox is flooded, while some weeks I get as few as one question.  Lately, some of the questions have been a bit more interesting that I imagined I’d receive, but people still need advice.

If students are writing in as a joke, that is strictly on them, but I’m being completely honest when I say all columns have been real people’s questions.  Yes, some people need  stranger advice than others.

For example, one of this weeks questions was “Dear V, My girlfriend and I care for each other deeply. I want to please her, but her vaginal hole is too small for me and even too small to fit my finger. I do not want to hurt her and I do not know what I can do.

From,

In a squeeze”

Yes, people on our campus have very personal problems, and they trust me to offer useful advice.  If you’re still doubting, I encourage you to have more fellow students write to me.

Best,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...