Another suspect arrested

Arsenio Darrin Carter

A university campus isn’t the typical environment for inside jobs and criminal setups.

Last Thursday, two suspects entered the Starbucks by the Otto G. Richter Library and committed an armed

robbery at approximately 11:15 p.m. as employees were closing for the night.

Two early-morning arrests were made Saturday  with 21-year-old Sebastian C. Brooks taken into custody at 1:30 a.m. at hisNorth Miami home and 21-year-old Geneque Robinson being arrested at 5:52 a.m. in South Dade. The following Wednesday, Arsenio Darrin Carter was arrested at

2:53 a.m.

Robinson was a Starbucks employee who worked the night of the robbery. According to the Coral Gables Police Department, she left the door open so that Brooks and Carter could enter the establishment and carry out the crime.

Geneque Robinson

“They were in the process of closing, counting down the proceeds of the day,” Coral Gables police officer Kelly Denham said, according to The Miami Herald.

The firearm has not been recovered but $625 has been retrieved, though police do not believe it accounts for the total amount of the stolen money.

“Normally when she exits, [Robinson] has another employee lock the door behind her,” Denham said. “She didn’t do that… so we knew it was an inside job from minute one.”

In response to the incident, the UM Police Department issued text messages, phone calls and  e-mails to the university community at approximately 12:08 a.m. stating that the robbery had occurred. No suspects had been spotted by the time police arrived.

An “all-clear” e-mail alert was sent at 12:59 a.m. Friday, less than an hour after the initial incident was reported.

“I think it’s really terrible,” senior Gemma Shields said to Channel 7. “It’s really shocking that we’re on campus, and something like this is hap

Sebastian C. Brooks

pening where we’re supposed to be secure.”

All three suspects were charged with armed burglary and armed robbery with a firearm.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...