Armed robbery reported by Starbucks

On Friday morning, at approximately 12:08 a.m., the University of Miami Police Department issued an email to the university community stating that an armed robbery occurred in front of the Starbucks by the Otto G. Richter Library.

Although the policemen on the scene declined to comment, no suspects were spotted.

According to a follow-up email released by the department, two black males had fled the Coral Gables campus along San Amaro Drive. One of the suspects is armed. The all-clear was released at 12:59 a.m., less than an hour after the initial incident was reported.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Armed robbery reported by Starbucks”

1. De'Shonte' B says:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36167204/ns/local_news-miami_fl/

This has all of the information the school is not telling us. It sucks that the world knows this but we students are still in the dark.

2. CaneFan says:

Soooo any more information? Was anyone hurt? Did they actually get any money? What time did the incident occur? Doesn’t Starbucks close at 11 which, when assuming the incident took place before it closed, means that the text messages didn’t go out till an hour later? I think we need way more information about such a scary subject. You guys were all over the other gun incidents this year – why stop now?

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...