Armed robbery reported by Starbucks

On Friday morning, at approximately 12:08 a.m., the University of Miami Police Department issued an email to the university community stating that an armed robbery occurred in front of the Starbucks by the Otto G. Richter Library.

Although the policemen on the scene declined to comment, no suspects were spotted.

According to a follow-up email released by the department, two black males had fled the Coral Gables campus along San Amaro Drive. One of the suspects is armed. The all-clear was released at 12:59 a.m., less than an hour after the initial incident was reported.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Armed robbery reported by Starbucks”

1. De'Shonte' B says:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36167204/ns/local_news-miami_fl/

This has all of the information the school is not telling us. It sucks that the world knows this but we students are still in the dark.

2. CaneFan says:

Soooo any more information? Was anyone hurt? Did they actually get any money? What time did the incident occur? Doesn’t Starbucks close at 11 which, when assuming the incident took place before it closed, means that the text messages didn’t go out till an hour later? I think we need way more information about such a scary subject. You guys were all over the other gun incidents this year – why stop now?

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...