Sports Briefs March 29th

Women’s Tennis

On Sunday afternoon, the 11th-ranked University of Miami women’s tennis team shut out the 30th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers 7-0 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami won all six singles matches, including seventh-ranked Laura Vallverdu’s 6-4, 6-1 victory in the first position and the lone doubles match point.

The Hurricanes improved to 12-3 on the season and remain undefeated in ACC play (6-0). The Cavaliers dropped to 10-5 and 3-2 in the ACC standings.

Diving

Senior diver Reuben Ross finished in second place with a score of 474.20 in the Consolation Finals of the NCAA three-meter diving competition in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday.

In the final match of his collegiate career, Ross picked up an Honorable Mention All-American Honor, which was the seventh in his four years at UM.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...