Sports Briefs March 29th

Women’s Tennis

On Sunday afternoon, the 11th-ranked University of Miami women’s tennis team shut out the 30th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers 7-0 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami won all six singles matches, including seventh-ranked Laura Vallverdu’s 6-4, 6-1 victory in the first position and the lone doubles match point.

The Hurricanes improved to 12-3 on the season and remain undefeated in ACC play (6-0). The Cavaliers dropped to 10-5 and 3-2 in the ACC standings.

Diving

Senior diver Reuben Ross finished in second place with a score of 474.20 in the Consolation Finals of the NCAA three-meter diving competition in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday.

In the final match of his collegiate career, Ross picked up an Honorable Mention All-American Honor, which was the seventh in his four years at UM.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...