Sports Briefs March 29th

Women’s Tennis

On Sunday afternoon, the 11th-ranked University of Miami women’s tennis team shut out the 30th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers 7-0 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami won all six singles matches, including seventh-ranked Laura Vallverdu’s 6-4, 6-1 victory in the first position and the lone doubles match point.

The Hurricanes improved to 12-3 on the season and remain undefeated in ACC play (6-0). The Cavaliers dropped to 10-5 and 3-2 in the ACC standings.

Diving

Senior diver Reuben Ross finished in second place with a score of 474.20 in the Consolation Finals of the NCAA three-meter diving competition in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday.

In the final match of his collegiate career, Ross picked up an Honorable Mention All-American Honor, which was the seventh in his four years at UM.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...