News briefs March 29

Law school insider

This Tuesday, the University of Miami’s Division of Continuing and International Education will host a free “law school insider” seminar to give attendees tips on applying for law school. This year, there will be representatives from the UM, Florida International University, University of Florida, George Washington University, American University and others. The event will take place at 7 p.m. in LC 130.

Apply for UM’s largest service day board

National Gandhi Day of Service, the university’s largest campus-wide service event, has released applications for its executive board. They are due Monday at 5 p.m. To apply, visit the Butler Center for Service and Leadership in UC 240.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Athlon Sports released its projections for the 2018 college football season Monday. The predictions ...

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...