News Briefs

Ramon Galiana // News Editor

Fighting against cancer

On Saturday, Stanford Circle will be covered in tents, food and members of the university community for the American Cancer Society’s 2010 Relay for Life.

The event, which begins at 12 p.m., will feature on-site fundraisers sponsored by student organizations for the society. It will end at 12 a.m.

As of Wednesday, 45 teams and 646 participants had already raised $25,661.

Wellness center classes to cease

On April 16, classes that currently take place on the center court of the Wellness Center will cease because of expansion plans to accommodate for the construction of the new wing of the building.

For a full list of future Wellness Center classes, visit www.miami.edu/wellness.

Medical school ranks in research funding

The Miller School of Medicine has been ranked in the top third of medical research institutions across the country receiving federal funding, now placing at No. 41.

The new ranking, propelled by a $122.8 million grant from the National Institute on Health, was advanced by a $25.9 million grant from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

On Mar. 11, The Miami Hurricane published a report on other schools at the University of Miami that benefitted from the federal stimulus.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...