80’s nostaglia and one ridiculous hot tub

Four friends go on a crazy adventure after a night of drinking, sound familiar? A twist on “The Hangover,” “Hot Tub Time Machine” is a film that follows four friends as they embark on a vacation to a ski resort. They go on a drinking binge and end up in the hot tub…waking up in the middle of Winterfest ’86.

Director Steve Pink was excited to start shooting the film, his first since he directed “Accepted” in 2006.

“You always want to get back to shooting when you get the opportunity and get the bug as I do,” Pink said. “Getting back to shooting, that is easy, you just want to keep doing it and getting better at it.”

The film stars John Cusack as Adam, a guy recently dumped by his girlfriend, trying to rekindle their romance where it first started. Cusack and Pink have worked on many projects together so he was a natural choice for the role.

“We wrote our first show together as seniors in high school, so we have worked together for 20 years now,” Pink said. “Long enough to want to kill each other, but realize we have no choice but to keep working together. I’m fortunate we have such good creative collaboration.”

Cusack is not the only funny man in this ensemble cast. Rob Coddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and even Chevy Chase grace the big screen and invite laughs.  The film follows the life stories of all the friends and how they try to change the past for a better future.

Opening tomorrow, this ridiculous movie is perfect to see with friends, or even on a first date. Plus who doesn’t love 80s nostalgia?

INFO BOX:

“Hot Tub Time Machine”

Opens: Friday, March 26

Starring: John Cusack, Rob Coddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Chevy Chase

Directed by: Steve Pink

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer