Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Miami will hold an intrasquad scrimmage at 7 p.m. at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. The scrimmage will be open to the public. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and players will take part in an autograph session from 6-6:45 p.m.
men’s Basketball
The 12th-seeded Hurricanes (18-12, 4-12) will play the fifth-seeded Wake Forest Demon Deacons (19-9, 9-7) at 2 p.m.  Thursday in the opening round of the Atlantic Coast  Conference  Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Senior forward Dwayne Collins will not play due to a leg injury.

Rowing
The University of Miami women’s rowing varsity eight split two race pieces with the University of Connecticut on Wednesday morning in Miami Beach.
The Canes captured the first race with a winning time of 4:50.1, followed by the UConn varsity eight in 4:57.4.
forty under 40
University of Miami Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt was selected to receive one of this year’s Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal “Forty Under 40” award.

Baseball

4The 13th-ranked Hurricanes (8-3) beat the University of Central Florida Knights by a score of 19-2 on Tuesday night in Orlando.
4 Freshman shortstop Stephen Perez led the team with four hits and six RBI.

News from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari may be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs”

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...