Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Miami will hold an intrasquad scrimmage at 7 p.m. at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. The scrimmage will be open to the public. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and players will take part in an autograph session from 6-6:45 p.m.
men’s Basketball
The 12th-seeded Hurricanes (18-12, 4-12) will play the fifth-seeded Wake Forest Demon Deacons (19-9, 9-7) at 2 p.m.  Thursday in the opening round of the Atlantic Coast  Conference  Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Senior forward Dwayne Collins will not play due to a leg injury.

Rowing
The University of Miami women’s rowing varsity eight split two race pieces with the University of Connecticut on Wednesday morning in Miami Beach.
The Canes captured the first race with a winning time of 4:50.1, followed by the UConn varsity eight in 4:57.4.
forty under 40
University of Miami Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt was selected to receive one of this year’s Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal “Forty Under 40” award.

Baseball

4The 13th-ranked Hurricanes (8-3) beat the University of Central Florida Knights by a score of 19-2 on Tuesday night in Orlando.
4 Freshman shortstop Stephen Perez led the team with four hits and six RBI.

News from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari may be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs”

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...