Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Miami will hold an intrasquad scrimmage at 7 p.m. at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. The scrimmage will be open to the public. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and players will take part in an autograph session from 6-6:45 p.m.
men’s Basketball
The 12th-seeded Hurricanes (18-12, 4-12) will play the fifth-seeded Wake Forest Demon Deacons (19-9, 9-7) at 2 p.m.  Thursday in the opening round of the Atlantic Coast  Conference  Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Senior forward Dwayne Collins will not play due to a leg injury.

Rowing
The University of Miami women’s rowing varsity eight split two race pieces with the University of Connecticut on Wednesday morning in Miami Beach.
The Canes captured the first race with a winning time of 4:50.1, followed by the UConn varsity eight in 4:57.4.
forty under 40
University of Miami Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt was selected to receive one of this year’s Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal “Forty Under 40” award.

Baseball

4The 13th-ranked Hurricanes (8-3) beat the University of Central Florida Knights by a score of 19-2 on Tuesday night in Orlando.
4 Freshman shortstop Stephen Perez led the team with four hits and six RBI.

News from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari may be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs”

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...