News briefs

Give Back Week

The Butler Center for Service and Leadership will host two informational sessions on Wed., March 24 at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. at UC 233 for organizations interested in helping out during their first-annual “Give Back Week UM.” The purpose of the week will be to build a network of grassroots volunteers and “give back” to the community.

Organizations can RSVP by March 22 to campusrelations@givebackweekum.com

Com School Begins WeMedia Conference

The School of Communication (SoC) began its third annual WeMedia Conference on Tuesday. The event, which brings together prominent figures in the media such as Associated Press CEO Tom Curley and Juliette Powell, author of “30 Million People in the Room”, will continue until Friday.

Yearbook’s biggest photo shoot

On Thursday at 2 p.m. the Ibis Yearbook will be hosting UM’s largest photo shoot for the inside cover of the book, which will be released next fall. To be included in the photo, students need simply be at The Rock at that time. Free food will be provided by Stir Pizza.

Compiled by Ramon Galiana who may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...