Sports Briefs Mar 7

Tennis:

The 16th-ranked women’s team swept the Boston College Eagles at home on Friday, led by great singles and doubles play from three time All-American Laura Vallverdu.

Basketball:

Saturday’s Senior Day showdown at the BankUnited Center left Canes players and fans alike disappointed with yet another late game loss against rival Florida State. The team will play in the ACC tournament starting on Thursday at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Baseball:

The Canes only mustered one win against the fifth-ranked Florida Gators this weekend.   The two losses bring their season record to 7-3 going into ACC play this weekend when they will host three games against Boston College.

Information from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...