Sports Briefs Mar 7

Tennis:

The 16th-ranked women’s team swept the Boston College Eagles at home on Friday, led by great singles and doubles play from three time All-American Laura Vallverdu.

Basketball:

Saturday’s Senior Day showdown at the BankUnited Center left Canes players and fans alike disappointed with yet another late game loss against rival Florida State. The team will play in the ACC tournament starting on Thursday at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Baseball:

The Canes only mustered one win against the fifth-ranked Florida Gators this weekend.   The two losses bring their season record to 7-3 going into ACC play this weekend when they will host three games against Boston College.

Information from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...