Sports Briefs Mar 7

Tennis:

The 16th-ranked women’s team swept the Boston College Eagles at home on Friday, led by great singles and doubles play from three time All-American Laura Vallverdu.

Basketball:

Saturday’s Senior Day showdown at the BankUnited Center left Canes players and fans alike disappointed with yet another late game loss against rival Florida State. The team will play in the ACC tournament starting on Thursday at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Baseball:

The Canes only mustered one win against the fifth-ranked Florida Gators this weekend.   The two losses bring their season record to 7-3 going into ACC play this weekend when they will host three games against Boston College.

Information from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...