News briefs

Business forum returns next year

Last Friday, the School of Business Administration announced plans for the second annual Global Business Forum, which will take place next year from Jan. 12 to 14. During last year’s forum, famous CEOs, such as Jack Welch, spoke at the University of Miami about pressing economic issues, such as the prevalence of global connectivity.

“Like the first Global Business Forum, which was held in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, the 2011 conference will provide an unparalleled opportunity for deep discussion on some of the most critical issues of our time,” said Barbara E. Kahn, dean of the School of Business Administration.

SAFE self defense program

The Yellow Rose Society will be hosting a free Self-Defense Awareness and Familiarization Exchange (SAFE) class on Monday at 6:30 p.m. for women, in partnership with the UM Police Department.

Although the event is not open to the public, the class is open to interested female students, faculty and staff at the university. Register online for the class at miami.edu/police/selfdefense.

Annual farmer’s market

On Wednesday, the Wellness Center will be hosting its annual Farmer’s Market from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Nutritious food samples will be available for tasting by participants. The event will teach participants how to cook healthy meals.

Entrance costs students $25, Wellness Center members $30 and non-Wellness Center members $35. To register, call 305-284-5433.

News briefs compiled by Ramon Galiana who may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...