News briefs

Business forum returns next year

Last Friday, the School of Business Administration announced plans for the second annual Global Business Forum, which will take place next year from Jan. 12 to 14. During last year’s forum, famous CEOs, such as Jack Welch, spoke at the University of Miami about pressing economic issues, such as the prevalence of global connectivity.

“Like the first Global Business Forum, which was held in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, the 2011 conference will provide an unparalleled opportunity for deep discussion on some of the most critical issues of our time,” said Barbara E. Kahn, dean of the School of Business Administration.

SAFE self defense program

The Yellow Rose Society will be hosting a free Self-Defense Awareness and Familiarization Exchange (SAFE) class on Monday at 6:30 p.m. for women, in partnership with the UM Police Department.

Although the event is not open to the public, the class is open to interested female students, faculty and staff at the university. Register online for the class at miami.edu/police/selfdefense.

Annual farmer’s market

On Wednesday, the Wellness Center will be hosting its annual Farmer’s Market from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Nutritious food samples will be available for tasting by participants. The event will teach participants how to cook healthy meals.

Entrance costs students $25, Wellness Center members $30 and non-Wellness Center members $35. To register, call 305-284-5433.

News briefs compiled by Ramon Galiana who may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “News briefs”

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...