Burgers on the beach

You cannot help but sing when you taste the burgers at Miami Beach's Beer and Burger Joint. Sophomores Colby Meyers and Kaitlin Stevens enjoy a great meal on Saterday after a day at the beach.

Take a monster bite out of a juicy gourmet burger and wash it down with a refreshingly cold brew. This is not a typical burger hang out; it’s the Burger & Beer Joint in South Beach on Bay Road.

This place gives a whole new meaning to the word gourmet. Customers have the option to create their own burger and personalize it to perfection.

Start with the basics by choosing a meat like Angus, turkey or Kobe (yes, they have Kobe beef burgers!). Prices range from $8 to $18, depending on the meat and size. Half-pound and full-pound burgers are available. But for guys who like to show off, be aware that even a half pounder is a lot to handle.

The next task is deciding what to put on the burger. With a wide variety of toppings, cheeses, sauces and buns, it’s difficult not  to get carried away. Just remember that each addition is a few extra cents.

As for the beer, the Burger & Beer Joint has a list of a 100 beers from around the world. Their extensive beer list prices range from $4 to $10, or in other words, from Bud Light to Delirium Tremens. Alcohol content also varies, allowing customers to choose between beers with four percent to 13 percent alcohol content.

Along with the food, the atmosphere screams college students; it’s a blend between a lounge and a sports bar. Customers have the option to sit upstairs, downstairs, at the bar or outside.

There is even a party room for people who like to eat in huge groups, and, of course, a big group means a bigger burger. This joint offers a 10-pound burger for everyone to share! Just make sure it’s ordered 25 minutes in advance and that everyone can afford to split the $75 burger.

The Burger & Beer Joint is open for lunch and dinner, from 12 p.m. until 1 a.m. For those who work up a late-night appetite, the restaurant is open until 2 a.m. on weekends.

IF YOU GO

RATING: 3.5/4 stars

WHAT: Burger & Beer Joint

WHERE: 1766 Bay Road, South Beach

COST: $15-$25 per entrée, on average

Visit burgernbeerjoint.com for a detailed food and beer menu.

Carly Ehrlich may be contacted at cehrlich@themiamihurricane.com.

Carly Ehrlich

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...