News Briefs

Miller goes smokeless

On Tuesday the Miller School of Medicine officially became a smoke-free campus. According to Dean Pascal Goldschmidt, the initiative serves to “promote health and to promote wellness for everyone.”

“Smoke-Free Campus” signs have been scattered around the medical school campus to remind students that smoking is prohibited in all outdoor areas, including the Schoninger Research Quadrangle, parking garages, all walkways and inside of parked cars.

School of Architecture hosts student art show

From Thursday through Sunday, the School of Architecture will be hosting its first annual student art show at the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center Irvin Korach Gallery. Over 100 student-produced works will be showcased at the show, with the winner being announced on Friday at a reception hosted by the Student Council.

The show will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.

Key Biscayne shuttle available this weekend

This Saturday, Student Government and the Department of Parking and Transportation will be hosting a shuttle to Key Biscayne. It will depart Stanford Circle every half hour from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Organization of the Month applications available

The Committee on Student Organizations has released applications for the “Organization of the Month” award. They are due March 7, at 3 p.m. To apply, visit www.miami.edu/myumgroups.

The next Sebastian

On Tuesday, Mar. 9, there will be an interest session for students planning to apply to be the next Sebastian. The meeting will take place in UC 211 at 6:30 pm. For more information, email Connie Nickel at cnickle@miami.edu.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...