News Briefs

Miller goes smokeless

On Tuesday the Miller School of Medicine officially became a smoke-free campus. According to Dean Pascal Goldschmidt, the initiative serves to “promote health and to promote wellness for everyone.”

“Smoke-Free Campus” signs have been scattered around the medical school campus to remind students that smoking is prohibited in all outdoor areas, including the Schoninger Research Quadrangle, parking garages, all walkways and inside of parked cars.

School of Architecture hosts student art show

From Thursday through Sunday, the School of Architecture will be hosting its first annual student art show at the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center Irvin Korach Gallery. Over 100 student-produced works will be showcased at the show, with the winner being announced on Friday at a reception hosted by the Student Council.

The show will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.

Key Biscayne shuttle available this weekend

This Saturday, Student Government and the Department of Parking and Transportation will be hosting a shuttle to Key Biscayne. It will depart Stanford Circle every half hour from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Organization of the Month applications available

The Committee on Student Organizations has released applications for the “Organization of the Month” award. They are due March 7, at 3 p.m. To apply, visit www.miami.edu/myumgroups.

The next Sebastian

On Tuesday, Mar. 9, there will be an interest session for students planning to apply to be the next Sebastian. The meeting will take place in UC 211 at 6:30 pm. For more information, email Connie Nickel at cnickle@miami.edu.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...