News briefs

ENN to be tested

On Wednesday, the university will be conducting a test activation of the Emergency Notification Network (ENN) between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Outdoor sirens will be utilized as part of the drill. The test will mark the first use of the system since last semester, when a series of incidents involving armed suspects on the Coral Gables campus rattled the UM community. The Miller School of Medicine and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science campuses will not be affected by this test. The UM Police Department urges students to check their personal contact information on myUM to ensure all test messages are received.

Shalala speaks on peace corps

President Shalala will address the university community Tuesday at Storer Auditorium about her experiences as a Peace Corps volunteer. This month, UM was placed 15th in the annual national rankings of top Peace Corps volunteer-producing schools.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...