News briefs

ENN to be tested

On Wednesday, the university will be conducting a test activation of the Emergency Notification Network (ENN) between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Outdoor sirens will be utilized as part of the drill. The test will mark the first use of the system since last semester, when a series of incidents involving armed suspects on the Coral Gables campus rattled the UM community. The Miller School of Medicine and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science campuses will not be affected by this test. The UM Police Department urges students to check their personal contact information on myUM to ensure all test messages are received.

Shalala speaks on peace corps

President Shalala will address the university community Tuesday at Storer Auditorium about her experiences as a Peace Corps volunteer. This month, UM was placed 15th in the annual national rankings of top Peace Corps volunteer-producing schools.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...