News briefs

ENN to be tested

On Wednesday, the university will be conducting a test activation of the Emergency Notification Network (ENN) between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Outdoor sirens will be utilized as part of the drill. The test will mark the first use of the system since last semester, when a series of incidents involving armed suspects on the Coral Gables campus rattled the UM community. The Miller School of Medicine and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science campuses will not be affected by this test. The UM Police Department urges students to check their personal contact information on myUM to ensure all test messages are received.

Shalala speaks on peace corps

President Shalala will address the university community Tuesday at Storer Auditorium about her experiences as a Peace Corps volunteer. This month, UM was placed 15th in the annual national rankings of top Peace Corps volunteer-producing schools.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...

Junior becomes first three-time All-American in program history. ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...