Relax for free

By Antonella Stelluto // Contributing News Writer

For those  who love coffee, poetry and good music, Eaton Residential College and the Residential Area are co-hosting a free coffeehouse open to all UM students on Sunday night in the Eaton lobby.

The event is aims to promote unity among residents as well as spotlight the talent of the residents of Eaton and the apartments.

“There are so many talented musicians, poets among others in Eaton and the Apartment Area that this is a way to showcase it in a laid- back atmosphere,” said Jenna De Francesco, an Eaton RA and co-organizer of the event.

The event will start at 7:30 p.m. The company Aroma Espresso Bar will be serving free gourmet coffee during the two hours of the event.

“There is always an approximate of five to 10 performers for this type of event,“ said Sharonda Scott, an RA from the Apartment Area and main organizer of the event. Anyone who wants to perform still can; go to the Eaton front desk for more information.

“The coffeehouse event has been done several times in previous semesters, so it is kind of a tradition for Eaton,” said Rishika De, a senior Biology student and RA in the Apartment Area.

“I have been in some building events before and besides have fun, one meet new people and make some new friends,” said Federico Mattiocco, a freshman Business Management student living at Eaton.

One of the performers will be sophomore Kailey Billings, a talented singer and songwriter who frequently play at the UC patio and also made an appearance at the Sony Ericsson Tennis Open last year.

“This kind of event generally has pretty good attendance,” said De Francesco “It is a free event so anyone can simply stop by and enjoy the show.”

If you go:

Time: 7:30 P.M

Place: At Eaton Residential lobby

Date: Sunday 28th of January

Free admission for any UM student

Antonella Stelluto

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...