Sports Briefs Feb 24

Women’s Golf:

Kiawah Island, S.C. – The Hurricanes were carried by Freshman Shelby Gilbert’s terrific play to win their second consecutive Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Classic title.  They will have their next match March 1st and 2nd at UCF.

Basketball:

The Men’s Basketball team was carried to their fourth ACC victory by Julian Gamble’s second career double-double.  The Hurricanes have three more regular season games before the ACC Tournament begins.

Football:

Spring Practice began this week and so did the off-season tradition of Pro Bowl caliber alumni coming back for workouts on campus.  The six new Freshmen who enrolled in the fall joined the returning players for a first glimpse at the future of the Football program.

Information from hurrricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...