Sports Briefs Feb 24

Women’s Golf:

Kiawah Island, S.C. – The Hurricanes were carried by Freshman Shelby Gilbert’s terrific play to win their second consecutive Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Classic title.  They will have their next match March 1st and 2nd at UCF.

Basketball:

The Men’s Basketball team was carried to their fourth ACC victory by Julian Gamble’s second career double-double.  The Hurricanes have three more regular season games before the ACC Tournament begins.

Football:

Spring Practice began this week and so did the off-season tradition of Pro Bowl caliber alumni coming back for workouts on campus.  The six new Freshmen who enrolled in the fall joined the returning players for a first glimpse at the future of the Football program.

Information from hurrricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...