Sports Briefs Feb 24

Women’s Golf:

Kiawah Island, S.C. – The Hurricanes were carried by Freshman Shelby Gilbert’s terrific play to win their second consecutive Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Classic title.  They will have their next match March 1st and 2nd at UCF.

Basketball:

The Men’s Basketball team was carried to their fourth ACC victory by Julian Gamble’s second career double-double.  The Hurricanes have three more regular season games before the ACC Tournament begins.

Football:

Spring Practice began this week and so did the off-season tradition of Pro Bowl caliber alumni coming back for workouts on campus.  The six new Freshmen who enrolled in the fall joined the returning players for a first glimpse at the future of the Football program.

Information from hurrricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...