Sports Briefs Feb 21

Swimming & Diving:

The Hurricanes Swimming and Diving team finished 10th in this year’s ACC Championships garnering a total of 94.5 points.  The Cavaliers of Virginia took first in the Championships for their third consecutive title.

Tennis:

The 31st ranked Men’s team defeated Stetson this weekend and will look forward to hosting UCF this afternoon (Sunday).  The Women’s team was awarded a ranking for the first time this season.

Baseball:

The ‘Canes swept the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers this weekend led by terrific offense highlighted by Zeke DeVoss’ walk-off 3-run home run in Sunday’s finale.  The Golden Spikes Award Watch List was released earlier this week and it includes Hurricane juniors Yasmani Grandal and Chris Hernandez.

Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the 19th-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets which brings their losing streak to four games.  The women will travel to Tallahassee to take on Florida State on Thursday.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs Feb 21”

1. Thomas Prieto says:

This article belongs in the “sports” section; not the “uncategorized” section.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...