Sports Briefs Feb 21

Swimming & Diving:

The Hurricanes Swimming and Diving team finished 10th in this year’s ACC Championships garnering a total of 94.5 points.  The Cavaliers of Virginia took first in the Championships for their third consecutive title.

Tennis:

The 31st ranked Men’s team defeated Stetson this weekend and will look forward to hosting UCF this afternoon (Sunday).  The Women’s team was awarded a ranking for the first time this season.

Baseball:

The ‘Canes swept the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers this weekend led by terrific offense highlighted by Zeke DeVoss’ walk-off 3-run home run in Sunday’s finale.  The Golden Spikes Award Watch List was released earlier this week and it includes Hurricane juniors Yasmani Grandal and Chris Hernandez.

Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the 19th-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets which brings their losing streak to four games.  The women will travel to Tallahassee to take on Florida State on Thursday.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...