Sports Briefs Feb 21

Swimming & Diving:

The Hurricanes Swimming and Diving team finished 10th in this year’s ACC Championships garnering a total of 94.5 points.  The Cavaliers of Virginia took first in the Championships for their third consecutive title.

Tennis:

The 31st ranked Men’s team defeated Stetson this weekend and will look forward to hosting UCF this afternoon (Sunday).  The Women’s team was awarded a ranking for the first time this season.

Baseball:

The ‘Canes swept the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers this weekend led by terrific offense highlighted by Zeke DeVoss’ walk-off 3-run home run in Sunday’s finale.  The Golden Spikes Award Watch List was released earlier this week and it includes Hurricane juniors Yasmani Grandal and Chris Hernandez.

Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the 19th-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets which brings their losing streak to four games.  The women will travel to Tallahassee to take on Florida State on Thursday.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...