Sports Briefs Feb 21

Swimming & Diving:

The Hurricanes Swimming and Diving team finished 10th in this year’s ACC Championships garnering a total of 94.5 points.  The Cavaliers of Virginia took first in the Championships for their third consecutive title.

Tennis:

The 31st ranked Men’s team defeated Stetson this weekend and will look forward to hosting UCF this afternoon (Sunday).  The Women’s team was awarded a ranking for the first time this season.

Baseball:

The ‘Canes swept the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers this weekend led by terrific offense highlighted by Zeke DeVoss’ walk-off 3-run home run in Sunday’s finale.  The Golden Spikes Award Watch List was released earlier this week and it includes Hurricane juniors Yasmani Grandal and Chris Hernandez.

Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the 19th-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets which brings their losing streak to four games.  The women will travel to Tallahassee to take on Florida State on Thursday.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Sports Briefs Feb 21”

1. Thomas Prieto says:

This article belongs in the “sports” section; not the “uncategorized” section.

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...