Club/Intramural Sports

Ibis Open Results

Courtesy Lorena Martin

The annual University of Miami club tennis tournament was held at the purple Sony Ericsson courts in Key Biscayne on February 13th and 14th.

On the women’s side, Lorena Martin reached the finals for UM. She battled through tough competition to reach the championship match but utlimately lost in the finals to a USF player 4-6, 4-6. Martin is still currently No. 3 in the state of Florida.

“It was an honor for me to take UM to the finals of the tournament that we host,” Martin said. “It hadn’t been done in years.”

The tournament was a huge success and the club tennis team looks to add to its already strong core and will be ready to compete next year.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Lorena Martin is currently #3 in the state of Florida, and #100 in the United States in professional women's tennis. Courtesy Lorena Martin

Justin Antweil

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...