Club/Intramural Sports

Ibis Open Results

Courtesy Lorena Martin

The annual University of Miami club tennis tournament was held at the purple Sony Ericsson courts in Key Biscayne on February 13th and 14th.

On the women’s side, Lorena Martin reached the finals for UM. She battled through tough competition to reach the championship match but utlimately lost in the finals to a USF player 4-6, 4-6. Martin is still currently No. 3 in the state of Florida.

“It was an honor for me to take UM to the finals of the tournament that we host,” Martin said. “It hadn’t been done in years.”

The tournament was a huge success and the club tennis team looks to add to its already strong core and will be ready to compete next year.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Lorena Martin is currently #3 in the state of Florida, and #100 in the United States in professional women's tennis. Courtesy Lorena Martin

Justin Antweil

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...