Club/Intramural Sports

Ibis Open Results

Courtesy Lorena Martin

The annual University of Miami club tennis tournament was held at the purple Sony Ericsson courts in Key Biscayne on February 13th and 14th.

On the women’s side, Lorena Martin reached the finals for UM. She battled through tough competition to reach the championship match but utlimately lost in the finals to a USF player 4-6, 4-6. Martin is still currently No. 3 in the state of Florida.

“It was an honor for me to take UM to the finals of the tournament that we host,” Martin said. “It hadn’t been done in years.”

The tournament was a huge success and the club tennis team looks to add to its already strong core and will be ready to compete next year.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Lorena Martin is currently #3 in the state of Florida, and #100 in the United States in professional women's tennis. Courtesy Lorena Martin

Justin Antweil

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...