Blogophile: Miami Edition

One can never know too much about their city, especially when it is Miami. Populating an epicenter of local music, visual artists and fashion, Miamians often overlook the wealth of event information found in local blogs. Whether it’s music, nightlife or cultural events you always seem to miss, these blogs will keep you up to date with our vibrant city.

1. Daily Candy – Miami Edition

Web site: dailycandy.com/miami

Specific to major cities, the popular Daily Candy blog saves a seat for Miami, featuring “hand-picked” content ranging from cuisine to culture in the area. By using the “Find By Neighborhood” feature, visitors can keep track of upcoming cultural events and major brand name sales in Wynwood or South Beach, for example. But perhaps the best feature is the Weekend Guide, a quirky, weekly recommendation for unique events, such as a flapper performing at the World Erotic Art Museum.

2. nefariousgirl

Web site: nefariousgirl.com/blog.html

Nightlife’s the word when it comes to nefariousgirl photography by local photographer Jipsy. The alternative girl taking snaps at Poplife has maintained a multimedia photo journal that captures the underground music scene in Miami. Turn to her blog for upcoming music events at hipster venues, but beware the unforgiving lens! As the blog greeting suggests, “Some images have been edited to protect the guilty.”

3. Off The Radar

Web site: offtheradarmusic.com

Attention tyrannical music snobs! If you stare yearningly into the WVUM station (like I do), tune into Off The Radar, a comprehensive local and underground music blog that publishes artist info about new bands and upcoming albums. You can even follow them on Twitter to receive live updates about locations like Vagabond and their guest DJs.

4. The 305

Web site: the305.com

For hip-hop lovers or curious readers alike, The 305 blog focuses on celebrities in Miami, such as the Super Bowl event at Club PLAY with Drake, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj and upcoming VIP parties you can attend. As if knowing who’s in town wasn’t enough, the blog also features a “Honey of the Day” and updates on new sneaker releases in Miami.

Nicolette Roque

Assistant News Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Blogophile: Miami Edition”

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...