Sports Briefs

Baseball:

The ‘Canes will open up their season on Friday night at 7:00 when they host Rutgers.   The Miami Hurricane and WVUM will be hosting a panel interview at the Rathskeller Thursday night at 7:00, the event will feature Coach Jim Morris and the star player and will be free and open to the public.

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes will host the 6th ranked Duke Blue Devils at the Bank United Center on Wednesday night at 7:00.  Jack McClinton’ will be honored and his #33 jersey will be retired at halftime.

Women’s Basketball:

The Canes will head to Clemson to take on the Tigers on Thursday night at 7:00 at the Littlejohn Coliseum.

Swimming & Diving:

The Swimmers and Divers from UM will be in North Carolina at Duke and UNC Chapel Hill competing in the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships from this Wednesday until next Wednesday.

Information gathered from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...

Shakima Wimbley and Aiyanna Stiverne punched their tickets to the 2017 NCAA Men's and Women ...

Photos from the Canes 5-2 win over Wake Forest. ...