Sports Briefs

Baseball:

The ‘Canes will open up their season on Friday night at 7:00 when they host Rutgers.   The Miami Hurricane and WVUM will be hosting a panel interview at the Rathskeller Thursday night at 7:00, the event will feature Coach Jim Morris and the star player and will be free and open to the public.

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes will host the 6th ranked Duke Blue Devils at the Bank United Center on Wednesday night at 7:00.  Jack McClinton’ will be honored and his #33 jersey will be retired at halftime.

Women’s Basketball:

The Canes will head to Clemson to take on the Tigers on Thursday night at 7:00 at the Littlejohn Coliseum.

Swimming & Diving:

The Swimmers and Divers from UM will be in North Carolina at Duke and UNC Chapel Hill competing in the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships from this Wednesday until next Wednesday.

Information gathered from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami diving team enjoyed a strong first day of competition at the University of T ...

For the fourth time in eight months, Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team is taking part in a U. ...