Sports Briefs

Baseball:

The ‘Canes will open up their season on Friday night at 7:00 when they host Rutgers.   The Miami Hurricane and WVUM will be hosting a panel interview at the Rathskeller Thursday night at 7:00, the event will feature Coach Jim Morris and the star player and will be free and open to the public.

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes will host the 6th ranked Duke Blue Devils at the Bank United Center on Wednesday night at 7:00.  Jack McClinton’ will be honored and his #33 jersey will be retired at halftime.

Women’s Basketball:

The Canes will head to Clemson to take on the Tigers on Thursday night at 7:00 at the Littlejohn Coliseum.

Swimming & Diving:

The Swimmers and Divers from UM will be in North Carolina at Duke and UNC Chapel Hill competing in the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships from this Wednesday until next Wednesday.

Information gathered from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...