Sports Briefs

Baseball:

The ‘Canes will open up their season on Friday night at 7:00 when they host Rutgers.   The Miami Hurricane and WVUM will be hosting a panel interview at the Rathskeller Thursday night at 7:00, the event will feature Coach Jim Morris and the star player and will be free and open to the public.

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes will host the 6th ranked Duke Blue Devils at the Bank United Center on Wednesday night at 7:00.  Jack McClinton’ will be honored and his #33 jersey will be retired at halftime.

Women’s Basketball:

The Canes will head to Clemson to take on the Tigers on Thursday night at 7:00 at the Littlejohn Coliseum.

Swimming & Diving:

The Swimmers and Divers from UM will be in North Carolina at Duke and UNC Chapel Hill competing in the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships from this Wednesday until next Wednesday.

Information gathered from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...