Sports Briefs

Baseball:

The ‘Canes will open up their season on Friday night at 7:00 when they host Rutgers.   The Miami Hurricane and WVUM will be hosting a panel interview at the Rathskeller Thursday night at 7:00, the event will feature Coach Jim Morris and the star player and will be free and open to the public.

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes will host the 6th ranked Duke Blue Devils at the Bank United Center on Wednesday night at 7:00.  Jack McClinton’ will be honored and his #33 jersey will be retired at halftime.

Women’s Basketball:

The Canes will head to Clemson to take on the Tigers on Thursday night at 7:00 at the Littlejohn Coliseum.

Swimming & Diving:

The Swimmers and Divers from UM will be in North Carolina at Duke and UNC Chapel Hill competing in the ACC Swimming and Diving Championships from this Wednesday until next Wednesday.

Information gathered from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...