Sex Ratio & Dating

The ratio of women to men on college campuses (60/40) is rising. The NYTimes recently published an excellent article that explains what consequences this has on dating. Here is an excerpt:

Needless to say, this puts guys in a position to play the field, and tends to mean that even the ones willing to make a commitment come with storied romantic histories. Rachel Sasser, a senior history major at the table, said that before she and her boyfriend started dating, he had “hooked up with a least five of my friends in my sorority — that I know of.”

What experiences have you had at UM that strengthen or contradict this point?

Thomas Prieto

Contributing Columnist

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Sex Ratio & Dating”

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...