Fashion 4Word: Hot Date Edition

Got a hot date this week? Your outfit can make or break the evening, and with Valentine’s Day weekend quickly approaching, there is no room for error. Unfortunately some students could use a little help. So what to wear? Try out some of these hot, classic looks to impress the object of your affection…

For a casual night on the town…

Ladies, this is not the time to break out your South Beach-worthy getup. High heels and a skin-tight dresses are not appropriate for a Wednesday night bowling date or night at the movies. Try pairing skinny jeans with leather boots for a look that is classic, but edgy. Make a statement with an easy-going, yet attention-commanding t-shirt. Then throw on a cardigan and you’re good to go.

Guys can get away with a lot with fashion. But gentlemen, if you want to get lucky, you’re going to have to put in a little more effort. Even if it’s just a low-key evening, wow your date with your classic style. When in doubt, channel Ralph Lauren. Polo shirts or crewneck sweaters are always good standbys; wear them with a well-fitting pair of jeans and there you go, instant effortless style (just make sure the shirt is clean, or else kiss your ‘mojo’ goodbye).

For a date that’s a little more formal…

Now that things have gotten more serious, it’s time for the long-awaited anniversary (or Valentine’s Day) date. Dressing for this type of occasion can send girls into a tizzy, but it’s always safe to err on the more formal side. Forgo jeans and a nice top for a cute dress that elegantly hugs your curves. Look sexy without revealing too much in sky-high heels; they instantly thin and elongate legs. Think Taylor Swift tasteful, not “Jersey Shore” gaudy.

Guys, whatever you do, don’t pull out the Ed Hardy. There is a time and a place for that style, and it is not on your hot date. Fold that t-shirt and put it back in your closet, instead opting for a nice button down and skinny tie. Roll up the sleeves, or take a cue from Taylor Lautner and pull off sports coat if you dare; but beware, you will attract women at an alarming rate. What girl can turn down a smoldering gaze and perfectly fitting suit?

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Fashion 4Word: Hot Date Edition”

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...