Sports Briefs

Football:

Wednesday was national signing day and the Hurricanes brought a respectable and promising class in.  The Hurricanes upped their tally of commits to 22 today including 16 from Florida.  For up to the minute information regarding the recruits and the team visit www.hurricanesports.com.  In other news, the Hurricanes have acquired Kentucky’s Defensive Line Coach, Rick Petri to his second stint in Miami.  Coach Shannon said of Petri, “He brings a wealth of experience and has been very successful in developing some of the top defensive line talent in the country for years.”

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the Demon Decons 62-53 on Tuesday night in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  They will travel to Tallahassee to take on the Seminoles this Saturday night at 8:00.

Men’s Tennis:

The 20th ranked Canes swept Northwestern this past Monday and they will look to continue their success against Rice University this Sunday.

Information from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be reached at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...