Sports Briefs

Football:

Wednesday was national signing day and the Hurricanes brought a respectable and promising class in.  The Hurricanes upped their tally of commits to 22 today including 16 from Florida.  For up to the minute information regarding the recruits and the team visit www.hurricanesports.com.  In other news, the Hurricanes have acquired Kentucky’s Defensive Line Coach, Rick Petri to his second stint in Miami.  Coach Shannon said of Petri, “He brings a wealth of experience and has been very successful in developing some of the top defensive line talent in the country for years.”

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the Demon Decons 62-53 on Tuesday night in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  They will travel to Tallahassee to take on the Seminoles this Saturday night at 8:00.

Men’s Tennis:

The 20th ranked Canes swept Northwestern this past Monday and they will look to continue their success against Rice University this Sunday.

Information from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be reached at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

Keep your computers and TVs going during the second night of the NFL Draft on April 27, as at least ...

University of Miami cornerback Michael Jackson loves that turnover chain, but not nearly as much as ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The 13th annual UM Family Night with the Miami Marlins lives up to its name. ...

It’s been a year and half since his wife of almost 52 years, Nancy T. Clasby, a pioneering English p ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will begin the final weekend of its regular season wi ...

Eight members of the University of Miami track and field team earned All-ACC Academic honors for the ...

The UMSHoF will hold their 50th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Thursday, April 19th at Jungle Is ...

Nine members of the University of Miami track and field team will represent the Hurricanes at the Vi ...

A pair of University of Miami divers were selected to the All-ACC Academic Women's Swimming ...