SLIDESHOW: Swing for the Wishes

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/swf/slideshow.swf” height=”437″ width=”602″ fvars=”xmlfile=http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/images.php?album=132″ base=”.” allowfullscreen=”true” wmode=”transparent” /]

A celebrity softball tournament was held this Saturday to grant the wish of a child suffering from neurological seizures. The event was organized by WishMakers, a 501(c)3 recognized non-profit and student organization created by Jonathan Schrader to grant the wishes of children who suffer from life-threatening illnesses with the help of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of South Florida.

The event raised approximately $1,200 and approximately $8,000 has been raised in total. Celebrities attending were Maritza Correia (U.S. Olympic Medalist Swimmer) and her fiance Chad, Adam Ritter (U.S. Olympic Swimmer and multiple NCAA Record holder), Francia Raisa (from Bring It On: All Or Nothing and Secret Life of an American Teenager) and Tim Hardaway (former Miami Heat star).

The event was unique because of the interaction with the celebrities playing with everyone for 6 hours. Participants look forward to the second year of Swing for the Wishes in 2011 with the same celebrities returning.

Photos by Julia Ardila // The Miami Hurricane

Brittney Bomnin

Art Director

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...