V's Take

Dear V: I’m looking for more from my digital date…

My girlfriend and I just became a long-distance couple. To cope, we each set up Skype accounts. While being able to see her face makes things a little easier, I still want to see more than her face- if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, she’s made it quite clear that she’s uncomfortable with stripping down in front of a web cam. How can I ease her into it? A guy has needs, you know!

Sincerely,
Full Monty

Dear Full Monty,

Long-distance relationships can definitely be tricky and this can be a good way to release some of that sexual tension (if you’re both up for it). For a first timer, this can be quite uncomfortable. Girls this age can be very self-conscious and she may never be confident enough to strip down for you online, but it would help if you try to boost her self-esteem. Taking your clothes off in front of a tiny camera feels awkward, so you need to help ease her fears and remind her of how beautiful she is and that it’s only you sitting there. Making her feel at ease may at least open her up to the idea of a sexy Skype session.

Even once you make her comfortable enough to try this newfound activity, you’ll have to start slow. Try just starting with both your shirts off before you get online, this way you’ll be on even ground and later when she’s more comfortable, she can switch to actually removing the clothing on camera for your eyes only. Keep this going with other items (slowly of course, you don’t want to pressure her), and she may eventually be a full web cam stripper.

If this doesn’t work and she never warms up to the online peep show, maybe she’d be more comfortable using photos instead of a camera. Try sending her a semi-seductive picture of yourself and see how she responds. She’d have much more control of taking her own photo and could primp until she liked the way it looked. Plus, you could sneek a peek even when she’s not around (just make sure not to share it with anyone else).

Best of luck,

Advice Columnist

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...