Climbing the charts

Last week the Financial Times ranked the full-time MBA program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration one of the best in the world.

The annual issue highlights MBA rankings of a number of colleges and universities. In addition, it ranked the school No. 35 in the U.S. and No. 40 in the world for research, based on the number of faculty members who have published research articles over the past three years.

“The Financial Times rankings are based on many factors including the faculty research publications in top journals, student job placement, alumni recommendations and the diversity of our faculty and student body,” said Anuj Mehrotra, vice dean of graduate business program. “These rankings help attract increasingly talented students and faculty which will in turn further enhance the reputation of the school and our MBA program.”

Last August, Forbes magazine ranked the MBA program at No. 43 in the U.S., while Hispanic Business ranked the program as No. 3 for minority students, and The Princeton Review held the program at No. 6 for minorities. The program ranks internationally at 83.

“Excellence in research, along with innovative cross-disciplinary academic programs and engagement with the business community is among the factors driving the school toward a new level of global preeminence,” said Barbara Kahn, dean of the business school, according to UM media relations.

The higher ranking in as a global research program is appropriate, due to the international diversity of the schools’ students. The most recent class of 87 students represents 16 countries, mainly from the Americas.

“Next year, we intend to create international study trips, solidify the existing corporate relationships and develop new ones to create the very best career placement and internship opportunities for our students,” said Mehrotra. “The intention is to keep doing the right things and hopefully the rankings will reflect that.”

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...