Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball

Earlier this month the Men’s Basketball team helped out in the community by reconstructing a local Ronald McDonald house. Earlier this week the team volunteered several hours at the Miami Rescue Mission helping to serve meals. Several players also donated their shoes. The Canes have their next game on Sunday at 1 p.m. at home at the BankUnited Center.

Baseball

The UM Baseball team opens spring practice Friday at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field. The team was ranked No. 16 by Baseball America in its preseason polls. The season opener is Friday Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. against Rutgers.

Women’s Tennis

This weekend the Women’s Tennis team palys in the ITA National Team Indoors. Other schools in the tournament are Boston University, College of Charleston and Mississippi State. The matches will take place at the Niel Schiff Tennis Center.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Justin Antweil

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...