Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball

Earlier this month the Men’s Basketball team helped out in the community by reconstructing a local Ronald McDonald house. Earlier this week the team volunteered several hours at the Miami Rescue Mission helping to serve meals. Several players also donated their shoes. The Canes have their next game on Sunday at 1 p.m. at home at the BankUnited Center.

Baseball

The UM Baseball team opens spring practice Friday at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field. The team was ranked No. 16 by Baseball America in its preseason polls. The season opener is Friday Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. against Rutgers.

Women’s Tennis

This weekend the Women’s Tennis team palys in the ITA National Team Indoors. Other schools in the tournament are Boston University, College of Charleston and Mississippi State. The matches will take place at the Niel Schiff Tennis Center.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Justin Antweil

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...