V's Take

Dear V: I’m looking for a way to please my man…

I have been dating this guy for a couple of weeks and we really like each other.  I have been thinking a lot about our first Valentine’s Day together, and am totally panicked!  It’s easy for guys- flowers and candy- but what should a girl do for the guy on Valentine’s?  Most people say all guys care about is sex, but I want to give him a romantic gesture without being cheesy. Help!

Sincerely,

Romantic Panic

Dear Romantic,

Ah Valentine’s Day, that lovely time each year when singles sulk and couples stress over the perfect gift.  While most guys do tend to be obsessed with action between the sheets, this doesn’t mean you have to ditch your romantic ideas and go plan a threesome.  Boys can appreciate romantic gestures as well, but your best bet would be to combine the two: he gets his fantasy and you get yours.

For example, if you want to take him out for a classy dinner, make reservations at a romantic cafe or restaurant but buy a new slinky get-up that will have him drooling over you all night.  Best part is, you both get a sexy date for the evening but you also get to keep the dress for yourself, score!  If you don’t want to spend the money on a dinner out, cook!  Guys love homemade meals, so figure out his favorite foods and then invite him to make chocolate covered strawberries with you afterward.  Pick a romantic movie with a steamy sex scene and you’ve got the perfect combo of sweet and sensual.  If you want to really treat him, lingerie never fails (and you can pair it with a romantic card or gift to still keep that Valentine’s Day feeling.)

As long as you give your guy attention and make it fun, I’m sure you’ll both enjoy your first V-Day together.

Best of luck,
V.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...