V's Take

Dear V: I’m looking for a way to please my man…

I have been dating this guy for a couple of weeks and we really like each other.  I have been thinking a lot about our first Valentine’s Day together, and am totally panicked!  It’s easy for guys- flowers and candy- but what should a girl do for the guy on Valentine’s?  Most people say all guys care about is sex, but I want to give him a romantic gesture without being cheesy. Help!

Sincerely,

Romantic Panic

Dear Romantic,

Ah Valentine’s Day, that lovely time each year when singles sulk and couples stress over the perfect gift.  While most guys do tend to be obsessed with action between the sheets, this doesn’t mean you have to ditch your romantic ideas and go plan a threesome.  Boys can appreciate romantic gestures as well, but your best bet would be to combine the two: he gets his fantasy and you get yours.

For example, if you want to take him out for a classy dinner, make reservations at a romantic cafe or restaurant but buy a new slinky get-up that will have him drooling over you all night.  Best part is, you both get a sexy date for the evening but you also get to keep the dress for yourself, score!  If you don’t want to spend the money on a dinner out, cook!  Guys love homemade meals, so figure out his favorite foods and then invite him to make chocolate covered strawberries with you afterward.  Pick a romantic movie with a steamy sex scene and you’ve got the perfect combo of sweet and sensual.  If you want to really treat him, lingerie never fails (and you can pair it with a romantic card or gift to still keep that Valentine’s Day feeling.)

As long as you give your guy attention and make it fun, I’m sure you’ll both enjoy your first V-Day together.

Best of luck,
V.

Advice Columnist

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...