Sports Briefs Jan 21

Men’s Basketball

The Men’s basketball team lost their third straight ACC game this week bringing them to 1-3 in conference play.  They will travel to College Park, Maryland to take on the Terrapins on Tuesday the 26th.

Women’s Basketball

Coming off of two straight ACC losses, the Women’s basketball team will travel to play the Terrapins of Maryland Thursday night at 7:00.

Men’s Tennis

The #21 ranked Hurricanes Men’s Tennis team will host two matches this weekend, Florida Atlantic on Thursday and Stetson on Saturday.  Both matches will begin at 6:00 PM and will be at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Women’s Tennis

Anna Bartenstein won the singles title at the Michigan Tennis Invitational this past weekend.  The team will be hosting Florida Atlantic on Saturday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center

Swimming

The Swimming Team will wrap up their season in Boca Raton on Friday when they will face the Owls of Florida Atlantic at 5:00 PM.

Track & Field

The ‘Canes will travel to Champaign, Illinois to participate in the University of Illinois Carle/Health Alliance Classic this weekend, marking their second meet of the season.

Women’s Soccer

In this year’s Women’s Professional Soccer draft the Washington Freedom selected Beverly Goebel with the seventh pick in the third round (27th  overall). The midfielder started all but 2 of her games in her three years wearing number six for the Hurricanes.

Women’s Volleyball

Former Hurricane hitter Ashley Woods has signed a contract to play professional volleyball with Club Voleibol in Benidorm, Spain.  After playing for the ‘Canes for four years and serving as a captain, the native Texan graduated last spring with a Master’s degree.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...