Music Minute: January Party Playlist

The bottles are popped and emptied, the last of the confetti dug from your ears, and it’s time to get back to the grind – school grind, that is – pens, papers, and the ever poppin’ Club Richter. Second semester is becoming a reality, but that’s no reason to forget the feeling that ushered in 2010. Whether you rang in the New Year dancing or standing, tripping or slipping (hey, it was slushy back in the Northeast), remember the sounds that swept you away from ‘09…

1. “Pass the Dutch” by Young Money and Shawt Dawg – Wayne’s drawl is as relaxed and smoky as the activity he’s purporting. Expect your heartbeat to pound in time with the cool, syncopated rhythm of this song.
  2. “Blah Blah Blah” by Ke$ha feat. 3OH!3 – If you can get past that she sounds like the lovechild of a chipmunk and Liza Minnelli, you can appreciate Ke$ha for her ability to fill a dance floor. Her latest single is all beat and no sense, making it the ultimate party starter.
  3. “Revolver” by Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix feat. Lil Wayne – She’s the Queen of Pop, anything Lil Wayne touches turns to gold, and Guetta’s behind the things that go bump in the night in Miami.
  4. “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas (David Guetta FMIF Remix) – Guetta’s at it again. This remix takes the song from played out territory to making it one that you could have on replay all night.5.
  5. “FML” by Deadmau5 – Raise your fists to the beat that puts the poof in Snooki’s hair. With no words and no reason, this is a trance work of art. Not to mention that those three letters generally describe how you feel about being back behind a desk.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...