Volleyball

Former UM volleyball player goes pro

Former University of Miami volleyball player Ashely Woods has signed a professional contract with Club Voleibol in Benidorm, Spain. She was a right side hitter from 2005-2008 and is ranked in the top 10 all-time in seven major statistical categories.

“I am excited to continue playing after being  out for a year,” Woods said in a statement. “I’ve realized that there is so much more player left in me and I’m so thankful for the chance to continue  doing  what I love.”

Woods was a sports administration major and heavily involved in the community.

Information compiled from Hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...