Football

Jacory Harris to have thumb surgery

Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris will undergo thumb surgery Wednesday, January 6th on his right hand. Harris injured his thumb in a 33-24 loss against North Carolina on November 14th.

The surgery is not severe and is a routine procedure.

There is no time table for Harris’ return. If Harris is not ready for spring practice freshman A.J. Highsmith will be the No. 1 quarterback heading into spring practice which begins at the end of February. Highsmith saw limited action as a backup as he was 4-for-6 with one touchdown and 53 yards passing.

Harris split time his freshman year at quarterback but then was the undisputed starting quarterback this year. Unlike last year, Harris will not have to learn a new offense as Mark Whipple returns for his second year. Harris can spend more time rehabbing.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com

Justin Antweil

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...