Football

Jacory Harris to have thumb surgery

Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris will undergo thumb surgery Wednesday, January 6th on his right hand. Harris injured his thumb in a 33-24 loss against North Carolina on November 14th.

The surgery is not severe and is a routine procedure.

There is no time table for Harris’ return. If Harris is not ready for spring practice freshman A.J. Highsmith will be the No. 1 quarterback heading into spring practice which begins at the end of February. Highsmith saw limited action as a backup as he was 4-for-6 with one touchdown and 53 yards passing.

Harris split time his freshman year at quarterback but then was the undisputed starting quarterback this year. Unlike last year, Harris will not have to learn a new offense as Mark Whipple returns for his second year. Harris can spend more time rehabbing.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com

Justin Antweil

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...