No. 14 Miami to face No. 24 Wisconsin in Champ Sports Bowl

Coach Randy Shannon announces the invitation to the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando, FL, Dec. 29 at 8 p.m. Brittney Bomnin // Photo Editor

The No. 14 University of Miami will culminate its 2009 season in the Champ Sports Bowl against No. 24 Wisconsin on Dec. 29 at 8 p.m.

The game will be played in Orlando at the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium and be televised on ESPN.

“There is a lot of excitement,” said head coach Randy Shannon. “We felt if we couldn’t go to a BCS bowl game, the Champs [Sports Bowl] was the next best thing. I know the TV ratings are going to be high and there will probably be standing room only. We have an opportunity to get our fifth non-conference win.”

The Canes (9-3, 5-3) will look for their first 10 win season since 2003. The Badgers (9-3, 5-3) finished tied for fourth in the Big 10.

This is Miami’s first ever appearance in the Champ Sports Bowl. Miami is 2-1 all-time against the Badgers. The last time these two squads met was 20 years ago when UM crushed the Badgers in Madison, Wisconsin 51-3.

Continue logging on to themiamihurricane.com for the latest bowl information, news and analysis.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/swf/slideshow.swf” height=”437″ width=”602″ fvars=”xmlfile=http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/images.php?album=122″ base=”.” allowfullscreen=”true” wmode=”transparent” /]

Justin Antweil