SpeakUp: What do you think will happen when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s?

(Dec. 3, 1999)

What do you think will happen when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s?

Freshman Whitney Sommer “It will be like any other day.”

Graduate Student Brian Asher “Everybody is going to die.”

Graduate Student Sarah Hale “I think everyone will be disappointed when we are still standing.”

Junior Renata Schwedhelm “Life will go on as we know it.”

Sophomore Jane Clandorf “Y2K will get us all.”

Sophomore Mehdi Fathi “Dick Clark will get shot.”

Compiled by Russel Wojtusiak

Russel Wojtusiak graduated from UM in 2002, with a degree in motion pictures. He lives in Orange, CA where he is earning an MFA in screen writing at Chapman University.

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...