Dr. Ashe Opens New WIOD Studio

A speech by Dr. B. F. Ashe Monday morning marked the opening of a new WIOD studio in room 284 of the university. Dr. Ashe stated that universities are beginning to realize the growing importance of radio in the educational service which it is possible to give a community, and the programs to be presented have been made possible though the generosity and cooperation of radio station WIOD.

Every member of the university faculty will be in the program during the year, and student activities will be broadcast by the students. The program will include, as a rule, short talks followed by musical numbers. Bertha Foster, dean of the School of Music, has arranged a series of musical programs including vocal solos, duets, trios and quartets, as well as chorus numbers, chamber music with trios, string quartets, horn quartets, piano, violin and cello solos and acts from operas will be given.

Among the speakers will be Dr. Orton Lowe, who will speak on English and foreign literature and give readings from different poets. Dr. Belaunde will speak in both English and Spanish on subjects dealing with Central and South America. Dr. Gilbert, Dr. Sieplein and E. Morton Miller will talk at various times on soils, plants and other subjects relating to South Florida.

Mr. Franklin Harris will have charge of the department created to care for the radio programs. The University of Miami is one of the first universities in the United States to broadcast a daily radio education program. Gilbert Bramaghin will announce all programs.

In 1930 The Miami Hurricane did not publish writers’ names.

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...