Hello out there

animationAs this is my first blog post ever, I’d like to say hello to whoever you are that is reading. You might not understand the purpose of this blog, or even its title, but I will try to explain it as briefly as I can:

According to Wikipedia, Bokeh is the blur or the æsthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image, or “the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.” That being said, I am a photographer. I love taking photos and looking at the work of talented individuals. I pride myself in being able to enter a situation, camera in hand, and capture an event, an emotion, a mood. At the end of the day, however, I pride myself in wanting to know more about almost everything and anything. I believe that the will to learn and being open-minded is something that cannot be taken away from you but instead makes you stronger as a person.

From this blog, you can probably look forward to posts containing images I find significant for technical reasons or simply because they made me feel something when I saw them. You can also look forward to some random tidbits I may stumble upon along the way. I hope you can enjoy them for what they are in your own way.

While sifting through a batch of unread emails tonight, I came across a funny little one my mom sent me a couple weeks ago. Its title: How to erase boredom. As if the title was not enticing enough, I clicked the link and off the page went, redirecting me to a nifty little animated video I found quite amusing. I share the link with you below. Enjoy.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/077/2/e/Animator_vs__Animation_by_alanbecker.swf

‘Til next time,

-B

Brittney Bomnin

Art Director

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...