Milov improves, begins rehabilitiation

After several weeks of treatment at the intensive care unit of Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center, junior Bianca Milov has begun rehabilitation. Milov, 20, was involved in a noncriminal traffic incident Sept. 11 when she was dragged 213 feet after being trapped under a Coral Gables street sweeper.

“Bianca Milov has been moved to Ryder Rehab and is making slow progress towards recovery after eight weeks in the Intensive care unit at Ryder Trauma Center,” said Patricia Whitely, vice president of student affairs. “The family is so grateful for the support, care and love of the University community as well as the outstanding medical care Bianca has received at the Ryder Trauma Center and the wonderful doctors at the Miller School of Medicine.”

According to the Coral Gables police crash investigation unit Sept. 21, Milov had been texting on her cell phone as she was walking to her apartment at 1:01 a.m. Because she was wearing dark clothing, the driver was unaware of the collision until a notification alarm indicated that the sweeper’s mechanism was malfunctioning.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@

themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...