Milov improves, begins rehabilitiation

After several weeks of treatment at the intensive care unit of Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center, junior Bianca Milov has begun rehabilitation. Milov, 20, was involved in a noncriminal traffic incident Sept. 11 when she was dragged 213 feet after being trapped under a Coral Gables street sweeper.

“Bianca Milov has been moved to Ryder Rehab and is making slow progress towards recovery after eight weeks in the Intensive care unit at Ryder Trauma Center,” said Patricia Whitely, vice president of student affairs. “The family is so grateful for the support, care and love of the University community as well as the outstanding medical care Bianca has received at the Ryder Trauma Center and the wonderful doctors at the Miller School of Medicine.”

According to the Coral Gables police crash investigation unit Sept. 21, Milov had been texting on her cell phone as she was walking to her apartment at 1:01 a.m. Because she was wearing dark clothing, the driver was unaware of the collision until a notification alarm indicated that the sweeper’s mechanism was malfunctioning.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@

themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...