Bitch to watch: Leighton Meester

The Occasional Bitch
…because occasionally the bitch has something to say.Culture. Opinion. Fashion. Travel.
Leighton Meester // Flickr.com

Leighton Meester // Flickr.com

Fashion:

Bitch to watch: Leighton Meester

In contrast to her preppy Gossip Girl character, Leighton Meester draws from classic biker and rock influences to create her own edgy look. Pairing spiked heels with elegant skirts, she can seamlessly transition from Los Angeles red carpet to New York City chic.

Students at the University of Miami should take notice of Meester’s inspiring sense of style. For once, ditch those baggy sweatpants and march to class in your best heels. Looking put-together isn’t an impossible feat, so stop complaining. If Meester can look this good 24/7, so can you. With her cutting edge looks, classic glamour, feminine strength and confidence, it’s undeniable that this bitch has some serious style.

<< Back to The Occasional Bitch archives

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Bitch to watch: Leighton Meester”

1. Pro-Heels says:

I love this article, very tongue-in-cheeck. Obviously you are not being serious and I thought it was really funny.

2. umm says:

I actually cannot believe this article. I feel like if any school in the United States were to need to look Red-Carpet-Ready just to go to the dining hall, it would be the U. Honestly, I have never met a more superficial group of people in my life, and certainly not at 7 AM on a Monday morning. Most college grounds are filled to the brim with sweatpants, pajamas, and t-shirts once class time rolls around, but not Miami. Miami girls at least find their cutest sun dress and gladiator sandals to wear to class, if not trying sporting heels and skirts or dresses. People at Miami wear to class what people at home wear to go out, and that is fact.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...