Football

Miami vs. UNC Report Card

TheUhelmetCOLORQuarterbacks: F

An awful day for Jacory Harris as he threw a career high four interceptions. Receivers had to make numerous adjustments even on his completions. Put it this way, he threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own team.

Running Backs: B+

Damien Berry may be the best running back this team has. He is a bruising back who has scored at least one touchdown in each of the last six games. Graig Cooper is just as solid when healthy.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: B

There were a few drops, but overall very good route running adjustments by the receiving core. Jimmy Graham hauled in a tough touchdown grab in the fourth quarter to make it a one possession game. Leonard Hankerson led all receivers with seven catches for 92 yards.

Offensive Line: C

They forced Harris to scramble in the pocket and make ill-advised throws. They only allowed two sacks but after watching the game, it’s obvious that the statistics can be misleading.

Defensive Line: C +

They simply did not rise to the occasion in the fourth quarter. The Hurricanes defense needed a stop but did not get it.

Secondary: C

Jared Campbell continues to impress in the back field. DeMarcus Van Dyke struggled in the secondary.

Special Teams: A

Matt Bosher could be a first team All-American. He might be the best sheer tackler on this squad too. His 30 yard scramble on the fake punt was well executed and he had two punts inside the 20 yard line.

Coaching: F

Awful clock management at the end of the first half. It reminded fans of the disaster last December in the Emerald Bowl. Randy Shannon should have gone for two after the Jimmy Graham touchdown with 7:21 left in the game. Going for two would have made the score 30-25 so even if Carolina kicked a field goal it would still be a one possession game.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...