Basketball

Canes win regular season opener 83-53

The University of Miami Men’s basketball team began its 2009-2010 season in style with a 83-53 win over North Carolina Central.

Freshman Durand Scott was phenomenal in his college basketball debut as he dished out 10 assists while not turning the ball over once. He also finished with four points, four rebounds and two steals.

Red Shirt senior Adrian Thomas chipped in with a career high 16 points.

The Hurricanes face Nova Southeastern at 7:30 p.m. on Monday.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...