Football

Canes Fall To Tar Heels 33-24

Courtesy Daily Tar Heel

Courtesy Daily Tar Heel

The Univeristy of Miami still has never won in Chapel Hill, N.C.

The Canes (7-3, 4-3) lost 33-24 Saturday afternoon to UNC (7-3, 3-3). Before the game the Canes did not receive the much needed help from Duke as the Blue Devils lost to Georgia Tech 49-10. The Yellow Jackets solidified themselves a berth in the ACC Championship game.

Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own team. Harris struggled against the stingy powder and blue defense as he threw a career high four interceptions, two of which were for 77 and 44 yard touchdowns.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Canes Fall To Tar Heels 33-24”

1. UNC? says:

TOMMY TUBBERVILLE

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...