Football

Canes Fall To Tar Heels 33-24

Courtesy Daily Tar Heel

Courtesy Daily Tar Heel

The Univeristy of Miami still has never won in Chapel Hill, N.C.

The Canes (7-3, 4-3) lost 33-24 Saturday afternoon to UNC (7-3, 3-3). Before the game the Canes did not receive the much needed help from Duke as the Blue Devils lost to Georgia Tech 49-10. The Yellow Jackets solidified themselves a berth in the ACC Championship game.

Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own team. Harris struggled against the stingy powder and blue defense as he threw a career high four interceptions, two of which were for 77 and 44 yard touchdowns.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Canes Fall To Tar Heels 33-24”

1. UNC? says:

TOMMY TUBBERVILLE

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...