Taste of Miami comes to campus

Taste of Miami LogoThe Miami Hurricane is proud to host the first-ever Taste of Miami on the UC Patio Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Taste of Miami is an opportunity to showcase some of the best dining, shopping, entertainment and basic services the university community has to offer and bring them directly to campus. There is absolutely no cost for all students, faculty and staff.

The inaugural event will include some university favorites like The Big Cheese, which will bring samples of its pizza and pasta, and new establishments like Manny’s Auto Sound, an alumnus-owned local company that will feature a display car to demonstrate their installation services. Taste of Miami will also provide students with the first preview of Smoke’t Southern Kitchen & Tap, which will soon open at the same location that was formally JJ’s Diner.

Jacob Crows

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

The University of Miami women's golf team moved to No. 25 in the latest Golfweek.com rankings t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at No. 12 Oklahoma State Saturday. ...

The Hurricanes fell to the Orange, 62-55, at the Watsco Center. ...