Football

Update: Canes ranked No. 8 after 27-7 victory

Despite cruising past Central Florida (3-3) 27-7 at Bright House Networks Stadium on Saturday night, Miami moved up just one spot in the Associated Press poll.

Undefeated Iowa (7-0), which was previously ranked No. 11, leapfrogged the Canes to move to No. 7.

The eighth-ranked Hurricanes (5-1, 2-1) were led by Jacory Harris’s 293 passing yards and a touchdown. Javarris James and Damien Berry each rushed for a score, and Colin McCarthy intercepted a pass on defense.

UM faces ACC foe Clemson (3-3, 2-2) next Saturday at Land Shark Stadium.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Update: Canes ranked No. 8 after 27-7 victory”

1. paola says:

you guys rock keep doing good cuz that means no home work for me cuz my teacher is a big fan of you guys so make her proud … how is she big fan well she went to your school now she is my taecher

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...