Best of Miami

Best of Miami Part 5

Mansion

Only one club can lay claim to being People magazine’s designated “Miami’s Hottest Club,” and Mansion seems to have more than earned this title. Some of the most glamorous performances and parties in the world are held at this South Beach landmark. Mansion features sweeping staircases, fireplaces, chandeliers, exposed brick, cozy sitting areas and one of the most notorious reputations in the nightlife world.

Chipotle

In the oft-debated question of what restaurant produces the superior burrito, Chipotle Mexican Grill reigns supreme among UM students. Located conveniently south of campus on US-1, Chipotle is famous for its massive, addicting burritos, tacos, fajitas and salads. If you can’t make it to the restaurant off campus, just attend any school event – chances are they’ll be baiting students with Chipotle.

Macy’s

Macy’s is perhaps the most ubiquitous department store in both Miami and around the country. With three locations just around Coral Gables – Dadeland Mall, The Falls and downtown Miami – Macy’s offers unbeatable convenience. It is also the most affordable of the area department stores. Featuring mid-to-high-range clothing that even the most discerning shopper will like, Macy’s has proven over the past 146 years that it’s here to stay.

Uni-K Wax

Uni-K Wax provides one of the least-sketchy waxing experiences in all of Miami. With 15 locations in Dade County alone, Uni-K is clean, well-lit, relatively inexpensive and outrageously popular with UM students. Services for both men and women are offered, and the aestheticians are polite and well-trained.  There’s no part of the body that Uni-K can’t wax, and probably at a bargain. The closest location is on Sunset Drive behind Sunset Place.

Bank of America

Bank of America has three ATM locations on campus, two in the UC Breezeway and one in the Mahoney-Pearson commons. The bank often has promotions and prizes for students who create accounts, and with its closest branch located across US-1 near Publix, few banks are as convenient as Bank of America for UM students.

University of Miami Bookstore
Ever since UM started its Green U initiative, bicycles have been promoted as one of the most environmentally-conscious and healthiest to move around campus, and the best place to pick one up is the UM bookstore. Featuring an array of colors and a student-conscious cost of $89.99, the bicycles come with a free lock (valued at $40) if the owner registers the bike with UMPD.

Sarah B. Pilchick

Senior EDGE Writer

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...