Best of Miami

Best Of Miami Part 1

Miami’s Best: Pizza

The Big Cheese holds a special place in the hearts of Hurricanes. Offering a wide variety of mouth-watering subs and enormous pizzas, this Italian restaurant is a popular delivery option for Monday Night Football parties as well as late night cravings. Take a quick drive down US-1 and enjoy the Hurricane memorabilia lining the wall and the cheap beer on tap.

Miami’s Best: Bar (Grove)

If there’s a Friday spot for UM students, Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove is the place.  With their famous cocktail concoctions (try a Painkiller-3 if you’re feeling brave) and a perfect atmosphere (tiki huts right on the water), Monty’s has a Happy Hour like none other. On a beautiful Friday afternoon, expect long lines and plenty of familiar faces.

Miami’s Best: Shopping Mall

Located only a short distance away from campus, the Dadeland Mall serves as the go-to shopping destination for UM students. The mall is home to multiple department stores, including Macy’s and Nordstrom, as well as popular stores like Armani Exchange and Victoria’s Secret. Dadeland also happens to be the closest option when you need your Macbook or iPod fixed at an Apple store. Add in the amazing food court, and the deal is sealed.

Camron Ghorbi may be contacted at cghorbi@themiamihurricane.com

About Author

Hilary Saunders Senior EDGE Writer

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...

Football players Braxton Berrios and Demetrius Jackson, soccer player Phallon Tullis-Joyce, cross co ...