Best of Miami

Best Of Miami Part 1

Miami’s Best: Pizza

The Big Cheese holds a special place in the hearts of Hurricanes. Offering a wide variety of mouth-watering subs and enormous pizzas, this Italian restaurant is a popular delivery option for Monday Night Football parties as well as late night cravings. Take a quick drive down US-1 and enjoy the Hurricane memorabilia lining the wall and the cheap beer on tap.

Miami’s Best: Bar (Grove)

If there’s a Friday spot for UM students, Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove is the place.  With their famous cocktail concoctions (try a Painkiller-3 if you’re feeling brave) and a perfect atmosphere (tiki huts right on the water), Monty’s has a Happy Hour like none other. On a beautiful Friday afternoon, expect long lines and plenty of familiar faces.

Miami’s Best: Shopping Mall

Located only a short distance away from campus, the Dadeland Mall serves as the go-to shopping destination for UM students. The mall is home to multiple department stores, including Macy’s and Nordstrom, as well as popular stores like Armani Exchange and Victoria’s Secret. Dadeland also happens to be the closest option when you need your Macbook or iPod fixed at an Apple store. Add in the amazing food court, and the deal is sealed.

Camron Ghorbi may be contacted at cghorbi@themiamihurricane.com

Hilary Saunders

Senior EDGE Writer

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...