Best of Miami

Best Of Miami Part 1

Miami’s Best: Pizza

The Big Cheese holds a special place in the hearts of Hurricanes. Offering a wide variety of mouth-watering subs and enormous pizzas, this Italian restaurant is a popular delivery option for Monday Night Football parties as well as late night cravings. Take a quick drive down US-1 and enjoy the Hurricane memorabilia lining the wall and the cheap beer on tap.

Miami’s Best: Bar (Grove)

If there’s a Friday spot for UM students, Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove is the place.  With their famous cocktail concoctions (try a Painkiller-3 if you’re feeling brave) and a perfect atmosphere (tiki huts right on the water), Monty’s has a Happy Hour like none other. On a beautiful Friday afternoon, expect long lines and plenty of familiar faces.

Miami’s Best: Shopping Mall

Located only a short distance away from campus, the Dadeland Mall serves as the go-to shopping destination for UM students. The mall is home to multiple department stores, including Macy’s and Nordstrom, as well as popular stores like Armani Exchange and Victoria’s Secret. Dadeland also happens to be the closest option when you need your Macbook or iPod fixed at an Apple store. Add in the amazing food court, and the deal is sealed.

Camron Ghorbi may be contacted at cghorbi@themiamihurricane.com

Hilary Saunders

Senior EDGE Writer

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...