Best of Miami

Best Of Miami Part 1

Miami’s Best: Pizza

The Big Cheese holds a special place in the hearts of Hurricanes. Offering a wide variety of mouth-watering subs and enormous pizzas, this Italian restaurant is a popular delivery option for Monday Night Football parties as well as late night cravings. Take a quick drive down US-1 and enjoy the Hurricane memorabilia lining the wall and the cheap beer on tap.

Miami’s Best: Bar (Grove)

If there’s a Friday spot for UM students, Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove is the place.  With their famous cocktail concoctions (try a Painkiller-3 if you’re feeling brave) and a perfect atmosphere (tiki huts right on the water), Monty’s has a Happy Hour like none other. On a beautiful Friday afternoon, expect long lines and plenty of familiar faces.

Miami’s Best: Shopping Mall

Located only a short distance away from campus, the Dadeland Mall serves as the go-to shopping destination for UM students. The mall is home to multiple department stores, including Macy’s and Nordstrom, as well as popular stores like Armani Exchange and Victoria’s Secret. Dadeland also happens to be the closest option when you need your Macbook or iPod fixed at an Apple store. Add in the amazing food court, and the deal is sealed.

Camron Ghorbi may be contacted at cghorbi@themiamihurricane.com

Hilary Saunders

Senior EDGE Writer

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...