Best of Miami

Best Of Miami Part 1

Miami’s Best: Pizza

The Big Cheese holds a special place in the hearts of Hurricanes. Offering a wide variety of mouth-watering subs and enormous pizzas, this Italian restaurant is a popular delivery option for Monday Night Football parties as well as late night cravings. Take a quick drive down US-1 and enjoy the Hurricane memorabilia lining the wall and the cheap beer on tap.

Miami’s Best: Bar (Grove)

If there’s a Friday spot for UM students, Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove is the place.  With their famous cocktail concoctions (try a Painkiller-3 if you’re feeling brave) and a perfect atmosphere (tiki huts right on the water), Monty’s has a Happy Hour like none other. On a beautiful Friday afternoon, expect long lines and plenty of familiar faces.

Miami’s Best: Shopping Mall

Located only a short distance away from campus, the Dadeland Mall serves as the go-to shopping destination for UM students. The mall is home to multiple department stores, including Macy’s and Nordstrom, as well as popular stores like Armani Exchange and Victoria’s Secret. Dadeland also happens to be the closest option when you need your Macbook or iPod fixed at an Apple store. Add in the amazing food court, and the deal is sealed.

Camron Ghorbi may be contacted at cghorbi@themiamihurricane.com

Hilary Saunders

Senior EDGE Writer

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami diving team finished its trip to the Texas Diving Invite on a high note Satu ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...