Zeta Tau Alpha holds breast cancer fundraiser

On Friday Oct. 9, University of Miami’s Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority will hold their annual philanthropy fundraiser for breast cancer, “Dodging for the Cure.” It is a dodge ball tournament open to all University of Miami students.  

This event is held in the Wellness Center and will run from 4:30-9 p.m.

“In the past, we’ve had a great turnout at our annual dodge ball tournament. We hope to surpass that this year, though, in both attendance and money raised for our philanthropy,” said Meredith Reilly, Zeta fundraising chair.  

Last year, Zeta raised over $30,000 for Breast Cancer Research and Education through their fundraising events.  

Due to the succes of the past dodge ball events, Zeta has extended its fundraising to a campus-wide “UM PINKout Day.” The sorority will raise money in the UC Breezeway and educate the public on their cause, in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Robin Segal

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

The latest edition of Quick Hits introduces middle blocker Bridget Wallenberger ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...