Zeta Tau Alpha holds breast cancer fundraiser

On Friday Oct. 9, University of Miami’s Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority will hold their annual philanthropy fundraiser for breast cancer, “Dodging for the Cure.” It is a dodge ball tournament open to all University of Miami students.  

This event is held in the Wellness Center and will run from 4:30-9 p.m.

“In the past, we’ve had a great turnout at our annual dodge ball tournament. We hope to surpass that this year, though, in both attendance and money raised for our philanthropy,” said Meredith Reilly, Zeta fundraising chair.  

Last year, Zeta raised over $30,000 for Breast Cancer Research and Education through their fundraising events.  

Due to the succes of the past dodge ball events, Zeta has extended its fundraising to a campus-wide “UM PINKout Day.” The sorority will raise money in the UC Breezeway and educate the public on their cause, in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Robin Segal

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...