Zeta Tau Alpha holds breast cancer fundraiser

On Friday Oct. 9, University of Miami’s Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority will hold their annual philanthropy fundraiser for breast cancer, “Dodging for the Cure.” It is a dodge ball tournament open to all University of Miami students.  

This event is held in the Wellness Center and will run from 4:30-9 p.m.

“In the past, we’ve had a great turnout at our annual dodge ball tournament. We hope to surpass that this year, though, in both attendance and money raised for our philanthropy,” said Meredith Reilly, Zeta fundraising chair.  

Last year, Zeta raised over $30,000 for Breast Cancer Research and Education through their fundraising events.  

Due to the succes of the past dodge ball events, Zeta has extended its fundraising to a campus-wide “UM PINKout Day.” The sorority will raise money in the UC Breezeway and educate the public on their cause, in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Robin Segal

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...