Zeta Tau Alpha holds breast cancer fundraiser

On Friday Oct. 9, University of Miami’s Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority will hold their annual philanthropy fundraiser for breast cancer, “Dodging for the Cure.” It is a dodge ball tournament open to all University of Miami students.  

This event is held in the Wellness Center and will run from 4:30-9 p.m.

“In the past, we’ve had a great turnout at our annual dodge ball tournament. We hope to surpass that this year, though, in both attendance and money raised for our philanthropy,” said Meredith Reilly, Zeta fundraising chair.  

Last year, Zeta raised over $30,000 for Breast Cancer Research and Education through their fundraising events.  

Due to the succes of the past dodge ball events, Zeta has extended its fundraising to a campus-wide “UM PINKout Day.” The sorority will raise money in the UC Breezeway and educate the public on their cause, in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Robin Segal

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...