Sports Briefs

Football

Senior Jason Fox was selected as the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week after helping lead the Hurricanes to defeat the Oklahoma Sooners. Fox did not allow a sack and posted three pancake tackles, helping the offense to gain 342 total yards.

Women’s Volleyball

Sophomore outside hitter Lane Carico was named the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week. In the past two matches, Carico recorded 66 kills for a 6.60 kills per set average, 33 digs, an ace and two total blocks. She leads the ACC in kills (243) and was 2008 ACC and American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) East Region Freshman of the Year.

Women’s Golf

Sophomore Jennifer Hirano finished the Mercer University Eat-A-Peach Collegiate at the Idle Hour Country Club tied for 13th place after shooting five-over par 77. Junior Maria Ronderos was the second-highest ranked Hurricane, shooting seven-over par 79 to finish tied for 30th. The team concluded the event at 11th place.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...