Sports Briefs

Football

Senior Jason Fox was selected as the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week after helping lead the Hurricanes to defeat the Oklahoma Sooners. Fox did not allow a sack and posted three pancake tackles, helping the offense to gain 342 total yards.

Women’s Volleyball

Sophomore outside hitter Lane Carico was named the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week. In the past two matches, Carico recorded 66 kills for a 6.60 kills per set average, 33 digs, an ace and two total blocks. She leads the ACC in kills (243) and was 2008 ACC and American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) East Region Freshman of the Year.

Women’s Golf

Sophomore Jennifer Hirano finished the Mercer University Eat-A-Peach Collegiate at the Idle Hour Country Club tied for 13th place after shooting five-over par 77. Junior Maria Ronderos was the second-highest ranked Hurricane, shooting seven-over par 79 to finish tied for 30th. The team concluded the event at 11th place.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...