Sports Briefs

Football

Senior Jason Fox was selected as the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week after helping lead the Hurricanes to defeat the Oklahoma Sooners. Fox did not allow a sack and posted three pancake tackles, helping the offense to gain 342 total yards.

Women’s Volleyball

Sophomore outside hitter Lane Carico was named the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week. In the past two matches, Carico recorded 66 kills for a 6.60 kills per set average, 33 digs, an ace and two total blocks. She leads the ACC in kills (243) and was 2008 ACC and American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) East Region Freshman of the Year.

Women’s Golf

Sophomore Jennifer Hirano finished the Mercer University Eat-A-Peach Collegiate at the Idle Hour Country Club tied for 13th place after shooting five-over par 77. Junior Maria Ronderos was the second-highest ranked Hurricane, shooting seven-over par 79 to finish tied for 30th. The team concluded the event at 11th place.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...