Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Letter to the Editor: India article spot-on

I read the piece published about the prejudices against India, and I have to say that I was truly impressed and pleased that this article came out.

I feel as though there has been a “Slumdog Millionaire effect” that has arisen after the movie came out, resulting in jaded views on India and Indians. After seeing the movie, many people came up to me and asked me which slum in India I lived in and which form of “Indian” I spoke. First of all, not all Indians live in slums, which the article in your paper pointed out, and Indian is a nationality, not a language. It would be like if an Indian director made a film called White Trash Winner and everyone in India thought all white people lived in trailers.

A lot of people don’t understand that we have to walk a mile in people’s shoes before we judge. Kudos on the article.

-Chhaya Nene, sophomore

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...