Trojan survey shows cities with the best and most sex

Every year, Trojan Condoms sponsors a survey across the hottest cities in the US – although, ironically, this year Miami was not included.

The survey asks Americans to rate the quality and frequency of their sex.

Only 21 percent responded being “extremely satisfied” with their sex lives, and 30 percent reported being generally “dissatisfied.”

“It’s not surprising that the people surveyed reported wanting more sex. Studies have been reporting this for years,” said UM Professor Franklin Foote, sex therapist, lecturer and licensed psychologist.

Foote pointed out that the survey’s results are not always completely clear.

For example, the ranking of the “Rates of Sexual Satisfaction by City” had Atlanta having the highest rate of sexual satisfaction. However, the difference between Atlanta’s rate and that of other cities was not significant.

The “Sexual Frequency by City (per year)” did show Houston as the lucky winner in regularity and San Francisco as the sad loser out of the 10 cities surveyed.

When it comes to sexual creativity and curiosity, 76 percent of Americans said that they are always looking for ways to make sex more exciting.

Dr. Foote warns, though, that the number of people who say they will, versus the number of people who actually do, always varies.

“At least with vibrators and vibrating sex toys, women often report more satisfaction than men,” Foote said.

Irene Daboin

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...